Monday, March 19, 2012

8 weeks

It's been awhile I know.  But I have been working hard at something.  Something very very special.  Are you ready to find out what I've been working on? Are you sure?  Okay, are you sitting?

Yup! That's right we are prego!  Can you believe it?! We are so excited!
I'll bring you up to speed.  We found out when I was about 4 weeks.  I had gone to our neighbors for dinner and drinks, came home and didn't feel right, went to bed and got up a gazillion times to pee.  I took a test, figuring it would be negative (yet again) and alas it was positive!  I took the test in different rooms and held it up to different lights just be be sure.  When the hubby finally woke up I led him into the bathroom where the test was sitting and I'm pretty sure he said , "wait, what?!" " does that mean...."  Oh yes honey that means we are preggers!
The next day I called the Dr. and got right in for a test.  Which came back inconclusive so they sent me to get bloodwork. TWO DAYS LATER...which seemed like forever...had several mental breakdowns...thought maybe I really didn't see those two lines...and took maybe 4 more tests at home...we got confirmation that I was pregnant.
So the next adventure in this little life of mine has just begun.  While I'm writing this I am 8 weeks and 1 day, although when I post this I will probably be around 12 weeks.

I found this on a few websites and thought maybe I would give it a whirl:

How far along? 8 Weeks
Total weight gain: up 4lbs yikes
Maternity clothes? not yet, just wearing my fat clothes
Stretch marks? nope
Sleep: eh  I wake up about 3 times
Best moment this week: Telling our family! And not throwing up this morning! yes! victory!
Miss Anything?  lunch meat, wine
Movement: no
Food cravings: burgers, anything I don't have to cook
Anything making you queasy or sick: hummus :-( chicken, oatmeal, cooking anything
Gender: my prediction is girl
Labor Signs: no
Symptoms: back pain, nausea, morning sickness 3 times this week awesome.
Belly Button in or out? in
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: I may...get a little moody at night... but happy for the most part
Looking forward to: telling people the awesome news

I will continue to try and update weekly with this new adventure.  The next few days I'll post up til week 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment