Friday, October 8, 2010

Pumpkin Apple Muffins- UF style

I love to read recipe books, well mostly I like looking at the pictures.  If a recipe book doesn't have pictures, forget it.  The seasons are changing here in eastern PA and the comfort food is calling.   As I'm trying my hardest to continue my UF challenge, it has been just that...a challenge.  I love fall food, it's just so warm and tasty and cinnamony. yum.
While looking through my weight watchers recipe book I came across pumpkin apple bread.  Since there are only two of us in the house, a loaf of pumpkin apple bread could be deadly or go to waste, so I opted to make these into muffins.  And instead of using grated apple as the recipe ordered, I used some diced dehydrated apple bits that I got from the local dry goods Amish store.
Unfortunately I don't have pictures, but you can imagine and fluffy pumpkin apple muffin.  These muffins come in at around 80 calories a peice.
Pumpkin Apple Muffins
Adapted from WW
2 cups AP Flour
1/4 cup sugar
1t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1 t pumpkin pie spice
1 large egg
1 cup low-fat buttermilk skim milk
1 apple, peeled, cored, grated 1 cup dehydrated diced apples
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
1 t confectioner's sugar

1.Preheat oven to 350; line muffin pan.
2. In large bowl, compine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.  In a small bowl, beat the egg; add milk, apple, and pumpkin.  Pour over the flour mixture; stir until just blended.
3. Fill muffin tins approx. 3/4 full, bake for 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Dust with confectioners sugar.
I made a double batch and had about 36 muffins to munch on and share.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment