Friday, March 5, 2010

Laundry Soap

So catching up...a few weeks ago I had 2 adventures for my free weekend.  Adventure 1 was my lotion, which I am beginning to love, especially in these cold dry winter days, it is super moisturizing!  Adventure 2 was going to be my laundry soap making...but I got sidetracked with a stomach bug.  So about 2 weekends ago I made my laundry soap here's the recipe...
1 bar Fels Naptha Grated
2 cups Arm and HAmmer Washing Soda
2 cups Borax
2 gallons water
1pt water
Bring 1pint of water to boil on stove, add grated Fels Naptha. 

Reduce heat and stir till soap is melted. 

Take 1 large bucket and pour 2 gallons of water, Borax and Washing Soda and stir, slowly add soap mixture.  And there is your soap!  Add a 1/4cup to load of wash.  I put it all in old washed out laundry soap bottles and back into the gallon water jugs.

This stuff is great, I truely believe it makes my clothes brighter and fresh smelling.  Not to mention much cheaper than the stuff in the store! Plus you know what is in it and the satisfaction of knowing you made it yourself :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment