Wednesday, January 20, 2010

2001

(Said really fast like a 13 year old boy crazy girl) So there’s this boy and his name is Josh and he is soooo cute. OMG. Just one thing… he is best friends with my ex. Hmmmm what to do what to do. I know I’ll just harass him till he gives in.
Well it was kinda like that, didn’t go as easy as that but for the most part I learned if you harass someone long enough they will give in J I just had this feeling that he was the man I was supposed to marry.
Feb 2001 we started dating, me in Lock Haven and Josh at home. It was tough but we made it work, and August 16th 2008 he asked me to be his wife.
It was a beautiful day! We got some hoagies and head out for French Creek State Park. We went on a nice long hike , when we got back to where we started Josh wanted to go again. I said are you serious? No lets get ice cream. Later I find out he wanted to propose on the hike, and every time he went to do it some kids would run by.
So we left and went to a cute dairy bar Longacre’s on the way home.
And after that Josh still didn’t have enough walking in for the day and wanted to go to Lockridge park.
He was pretty sly peaking through the old buildings window….putting a ring in his sneaker

And then walking to the far end of the yard…I guess thinking of what he’s going to say

I really didn’t know it was coming, I was just sitting in the window swinging my feet enjoying the view.

I think my reaction when he asked was…are you serious? Yes!

In the fall we had some engagement shots done. My good friend Jenae did an awesome job! She does her photography on the side, occasionally helping her friend who does it full time and then some family shots here and there and she soon found out I would want her to do our wedding.We went back to Lockridge because of the awesome structures left behind by the iron ore furnaces. More details on that here Lockridge. A few of our favorite are below.

1 comment: