Saturday, June 5, 2010

Stuck in a moment

After posting the other night I felt a sense of relief.  I needed to get it out 'on paper'.  It's still upsetting, but I have chosen to put my focus on the positives of this weekend.  The friends that they have made.  The friends, that my Dad and I have made.  And the lessons we all have learned.

Overall the season was a success, and I'm not going to let a few rude bugs keep me down.  All of the girls have improved, and that to my Dad and I equals success.  And while I dwelled on the negative last post, we received some very nice emails from thankful parents.  Which show me that we did good.

Part of what I like about coaching is seeing them grow into young adults.  My favorite is watching them play highschool ball.  I remember when I played that makeing the highschool team was a 'big deal' and each year the excitement comes back in me for the girls.  I can't wait for August to see them out there representing their team, and will be proud to know that I helped them get there.


There will always be the 'negative nancys' and 'debbie downers' they are unhappy and will not bring me down.  We are all responsible for our own actions, good or bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment