Thursday, June 17, 2010

Where earth meets the sky

Our little get away was just what the Dr. ordered.  Can't beat scenery like this...
And simple living like this...

And scenery like this...

and rip roaring fires like this...

oh and the invention of campfire nachos?! Um hello awesome!

and scenery like this...


You get the point.  Locust Lake State Park is lovely.  We had a wonderful time.  They have a 1 mile loop around the lake, that we did several times especially after the ice cream from the little camp store.  Good place to hike too!  While I was not as adventurous to take the camera somethings are just better enjoying them that one time.  My skills don't always capture what I want so I will rely on my memory.  We did meet a friend on our 4 mile hike however, jumpy the turtle,why "jumpy"? cause he scared the living S#*! out of me!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Looks like a gorgeous escape. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was, I want to go back! It's good to slow down every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You needed a get a way. So tranquil. Mama's little helper would have had a blast. Maybe next time...

    ReplyDelete