Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Thank You

I'm finding it hard today to put the positive spin on the things that unfolded yesterday.  I'm left bug eyed and on the verge of tears, and just when I think I'm ok, I'm not. 
Crushed.
Feeling like I put my heart and soul into something and feeling so proud, and those feelings being shattered in  an instant.

Yesterday ended our volleyball season, our 2-3 night/week 2 hour practices, our 10 tournaments, our 6 months of blood, sweat and tears.  And while our girls played at their very best this weekend,I can't help but wonder what I did wrong.

What would make 4 out of my 10 girls leave without 'good bye'.  What would make a mother tear her daughter away for the 6 girls that were waiting to take a team picture and just keep walking.   What would make someone think a 'thank you' is too much to say to someone who has spent 6 months with your child.
I can't get these questions out of my head.  Am I being irrational? Too emotional? Did the 90+ temps in the gym get to me?

It is not just volleyball that we coach them, it's respect, loyalty,independence, teamwork just to name a few.  And to have taught them respect, I am left disappointed.

In our final huddle before The End as I push back the tears but they come anyway I say to them " We are so proud and so honored to be your coaches and we will miss you all " One by one they start to tear.

Never underestimate the power of, 'Thank You'.

1 comment:

  1. You just need to be true to you and let the card fall as they may. In this world there are people who will never understand the sacrafices made for them or for their children. They only ever want more. Keep on keeping on.

    ReplyDelete