Monday, December 13, 2010

Grey and black swirlies

Excuse me while I finish my frozen dark chocolate chip cookie...mmmm something about a cookie being frozen makes it so much better.  On that topic...if you are jumping on the frozen cookie bandwagon, fig newtons frozen are pretty darn good.
I was sitting here eating my cookie and tending to my pretend farm on facebook, yes I had a very eventful night, I'm reminded I've never given you all a full updated look of our grey and yellow office.  I made some finishing touches in the past week.  While it is not fully complete, I will share.  Pardon the random things on the floor and desk.

You get the idea :-)  What's that?  You want to know who did the lovely art on the wall?  Oh that was silly ol' me!  How did I do it you ask?  Well, simple really.  I took two same sized frames and took the glass out.  Then I went to my friendly Joann's Fabric Store and picked out a lovely swirly black and grey designed fabric that was just waiting for me in the discounted remnant pile, while there I also picked up a role of cork board.  It all came together by layering the fabric then the cork board then the backing to the frame and voila! You have your very own personalized cork boards!
We got the desk, chairs and middle drawer from Ikea, the nice yellow mini table perfect for our ginormous printer, on the right at Target on what? on clearance! what what! And the bookcase was from the upstairs bedroom which we are clearing out so we can fit a bed and dresser.
Woo hoo! Slowly but surely we will get this house in tip top shape! Just in time to start all over again :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment