Sunday, September 26, 2010

Teal and Black Wedding : My favorites

As I did touch on the dress, I realize now I never mentioned my accessories!
I did a lot of research for my special day, I put a lot of time and energy into making it mine/ours. 
My veil was my favorite. 

I assigned my Mom to veil duty, she graciously accepted the challenge. I wanted a mid length veil with lace.  I could not have been more happy with what she made.  The intricate time she took to hand stitch the lace to the veil was so much appreciated.  It is beautiful, and still my favorite part of my wedding day look.
Since I did not plan on wearing the veil the whole night I made myself a little hair flower.  Really easy, I chose a fake flower pulled it apart and sewed it back together onto a barrette.  Voila! Easy as pie.
photo
It just added a little somethin somethin.
Jewelry I found on Etsy, of course I wanted to tackle this myself, but after not being able to find what I was looking for at the craft stores I gave up and went for something on Etsy.  It was perfect, simple and elegant.

photo

photo
 Shoes!  I know I wanted teal...and after looking at every possible shoe store, you know where I found these?  Payless.  They were in the dyeable section which I wasn't too sure about, but they really ended up being perfect.

photo
photo
All these accessories completed my wedding day look.  Including my engagement ring
photo
And soon to be wedding band.
photo

No comments:

Post a Comment