Sunday, July 18, 2010

I'm too sexy for my laundry soap...

Our house is filled with the fresh clean scent of Fels Naptha.
Remember that laundry soap I made back in February? I am almost out.  One batch lasted us almost 6 months. 
I highly recommend making your own.  It takes 15minutes at most to make a batch and it is so easy!  Faster than getting in your car and buying some at the store, or even better faster than clipping coupons and waiting for it to go on sale to get the best bang for your buck.  Ingredients are cheap, it is about a penny a load.

Here is todays batch, each laundry load takes about 1/4 cup of soap.  You are jealous of my olive green sink aren't you?  If you like that then you will loooove my faux brick back splash ;-)
How sexy!
Another tip, this one found in this months All You magazine (which is an awesome source for coupons!)...to clean your washer fill basin with water and add 2 cups of white vinigar, let sit for an hour then run through a cycle.  Nice and fresh washer!

No comments:

Post a Comment