Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Slow Dancing in a Burning Room

Today was one of those days when I just kept having conversations over and over in my head...possibly just talking to myself, and possibly reinventing 'what I should have said'.  Most of of the phrases that kept ruminating(aren't  you proud SCL, apparently I have some smart friends too ;-)) around were "Are you kidding me?" and "What?! Do I look like an idiot".  What made these thoughts and conversations to myself exist today is no longer important, as I am Over it.  So I will turn to the positives of the day.
1. Still sticking to my healthy living plan, or operation UF.
2. Had a lovely 2.5 mile walk at lunch with a friend eventhough its a decent 95 degrees out.
3. Made another batch of yummy SpiCAY hummus.
4. I made weight watchers Turkey Meatloaf for dinner, and it smells delish. Recipe at the bottom.
5. I came home to this on top of my laptop.
Oh yes that's baby Josh

How can I not have a good day now?  I seriously busted out laughing, made my night.






WW Parmesan-Turkey Meatloaf
Makes 8 Servings
1T olive oil
1onion, chopped
1 1/4 lb ground skinless turkey
4 slices whole-wheat bread, made into fine crumbs
1/2 cup ff milk
1 egg lightly beaten
3T ketchup
2T grated parm cheese
1t minced garlic
1/2 t dried basil
1/4 t dried thyme
1/4 t ground pepper

1.Preheat oven to 350F; spray 8x5 loaf pan with nonstick spray. In small skillet, heat oil. Saute the onion until tender.
2. In med. bowl, combine the onion, turkey,bread crumbs, milk, egg, ketchup, cheese, garlic, basil, thyme, and pepper; blend well.  Transfer to pan. Bake until browned and cooked through, 50-60 minutes.  Let stand 10 minutes, then cut into 8 slices.
Per serving; Cal 181, F 9g, Carb 10g, Fib 1g

1 comment:

  1. HOTTT walk. Way to go on incorporating the vocab. It is one thing to use it...but to use you, my eyes are welling up! The Mr may have a bit too much time on his hands? Too funny.

    ReplyDelete